Crocs

Crocs

Monday, March 24, 2014

The BEST Disney memory...

There were more magical moments than I can count.
And we took more pictures than I'm willing to admit.
But these, by far, are my favorites.
They aren't great photographs, but I absolutely love them.
And I still can't look at them without getting teary-eyed.
We were watching the Illuminations show
at the EPCOT World Showcase.
And it hit me.  All at once.
Maybe it was the awesome fireworks display
or the music that was playing.
(Disney's music always gets me!)


Maybe it was the look of apprehension mixed
with sheer amazement on my little boy's face
as he saw his first fireworks.
 

Or the joy on my husband's face,
as he watched the show with our son in his arms.

Maybe it was the way my heart fluttered
as I watched my sweet baby snuggle
close against his Daddy's chest. 

Feeling totally safe and secure in his arms. 

Or maybe it was the emotion of it all.
The years of waiting,
of hoping,
of praying.

How for over a decade now,
on every trip to Disney World,
after every parade,
and every nighttime show,
including this very show,
we talked about how much greater
it would be with kids.

We have waited.
 We have wished.
 We have prayed.

For this child. 

For THIS moment. 
 And it was better than I ever imagined.
And totally worth the wait.
To see my husband so happy,
to watch our dreams come true,
to actually be living this moment,
at Disney World,
was a feeling I can't describe.

We didn't talk about it this trip.
We didn't need to.
I knew what Michael was thinking,
and I knew how his heart was feeling.

It was written all over his face.
 

 We are so unbelievably blessed.







1 comment:

  1. I love the picture if Carter and Michael snuggling looking into the sky. It's so heartwarming to see magical things through the eyes of our children! Such pure joy and wonder and excitement :) Disney music gets me too!
    Looks like a great trip.
    We hope next year to take Lia back to the beach- it's been two years since we went and she was so little I'd love to see her there now!
    Have a great week
    - Ally

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments, so if you have a moment please let us know who's stopping by!