Crocs

Crocs

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

11 months old



 

I apologize in advance for the picture-heavy post.
I just couldn't help myself...

We cannot believe this is Carter's last
monthly birthday before he is a year old.
It seems like we just took his one-month pictures.



 
What can I say about this sweet boy of ours?
To call him happy would be an understatement! 




Silly?  Yep.
 



Mischievous?  Uh-huh.


Trouble?  Sometimes.

Loved?  Beyond belief.

After our photo session, 
I decided to follow Carter around with the camera
for a little while to see what he would get into.

First he let Molly out of her crate.








Then he headed back over to the chair to practice 
climbing up and down a few times.







Eventually he noticed 
that some photo session bribes 
(Cheerios) had fallen onto the floor.


Yes, I let my baby eat a Cheerio off the floor.
It's his birthday and it just wasn't worth the fight.

Then he started to chase me, 
making it very difficult to take pictures.
 He was thoroughly amused at my frustration.

Carter headed back to his chair for a few more ups and downs 
before he face-planted on the hardwood floor
and got a nice red mark on his cheek.
Nothing a hug and a few more Cheerios couldn't fix.

Then it was time to go through his toys and practice standing.
He's been doing this a lot and can stand for almost a minute
before he notices what he's doing and promptly sits down.
Here he was standing a few days ago:

Then he was off to play the piano

and climb a few stairs

before taking a ride on his corn popper toy.





Then over to Mom for some super duper close-ups.



And that was all within about ten minutes!
No wonder I'm so tired...

As much as he runs us ragged trying to keep him safe,
we have enjoyed this month more than any other.
Carter is so much fun and we enjoy every day with him.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!
We love you more than anything!!! 






1 comment:

  1. HI Carrie -
    I love all the candid shots :)
    I cant believe Carter is going to be 1. TIME FLIES ! and the close ups are really cute too - those eyelashes, wow!! Looks likes he is almost ready to run. Then watch out you will be so tired and worn out and all by 8am!!!
    I love reading his likes and dislikes each month, what a great way to keep track of the little things that mean so much.
    Ally

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments, so if you have a moment please let us know who's stopping by!