Crocs

Crocs

Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Fun


After being mostly at home (with a newborn) last summer, 
it's nice to be able to get out more this year.


As I attempt to live "in the moment" and just enjoy our time with Carter, 
I've made an effort to leave my camera at home lately.  
I have managed to capture a few cell phone pictures, though.


The last week in July, Carter and I joined Michael on a trip to Washington DC 
where he was attending a seminar/training for work.

Our hotel had a pool, so Carter got to go swimming for the first time.


It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he loved it!




We spent a lot of time in the hotel room while Michael was gone.  
Carter was constantly asking, "Where Daddy Go?"  
Actually he just says, "Daddy? ... Go?" 
Always with this gesture:

Lunch in the hotel room - without Daddy. 

Part of Michael's training included a visit to a battlefield near DC.  
He came back to the hotel with a bunch of souvenirs for Carter, 
including this Union Soldier Hat.


 It was a little big, even for Carter's giant head.

 

All in all it was a good first road trip with Carter.
We had a total of less than 15 minutes of crying during the whole trip,
which included about 7 1/2 hours each way in the dreaded carseat.
I call that a major success!

Carter is pretty obsessed with lawnmowers this summer.  
Anytime we pass one on our walks, he nearly falls out of the stroller,
straining to keep watching it long after we've passed.
So of course he wants to "help" Michael mow our lawn 
any chance he gets!

"Inspector Carter" checking out his mower before getting started.


At one point he opted to ditch the mower, thinking he could keep up better without it.

It became an adorable game of "Follow the Leader" all around the backyard!

Here's a video of my boys in action.



I love how Carter mows his own path.
And his wipeout around the 0:35 mark is pretty adorable, too.

This weekend we stopped at my Aunt Bonnie's ice cream shop
and Carter had a blast climbing up and down the "grass bench"
that my Uncle Joe built a few years ago. 





King of the Mountain - he was so proud of himself!

Chatting with Aunt Bonnie atop the summit.

Calling for Daddy to come up and join him.


Where did he go?

Of course no trip to the ice cream shop would be complete
without a baby cone for Carter.


 
The kid definitely inherited a sweet tooth.
I have a weakness for ice cream, as does Michael, 
so it's a good thing Aunt Bonnie's isn't any closer!



Thanks, Bon, for the yummy treats!






2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie-
    I cannot believe how big the little man has gotten!!! It is so fun every stage of this growing up thing. It goes too fast. We are enjoying our summer so much I do not want it to end. Preschool starts the week of Labor Day so we are slowing down time as much as we can. We NEVER take our camera with us anymore. It's IPhone for us. I agree living in the moment is much more fun. We have been posting a lot on Instagram more lately. But love putting our story on the blog - we are making Lia a book out of our blog posts. I just need to recover some pix that were lost.
    Is that a DQ cone? WE love DQ but have to limit ourselves or we could easily eat there every day!!!
    Thanks for sharing that super cute video.
    Have a great day
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ally ~

      We do love the DQ, but my Aunt Bonnie's ice cream is even better! She has a little shop on the 7th hole of a golf course. I used to work there in high school and my summers home from college. Good times! :)

      What a great idea to make a book for Lia. Michael and I have been talking about doing a similar thing for our kids. Are you printing pages from the blog or using a printing company to make a photo book or what? We don't know where to start. And since your pictures went missing from your blog, we've been worried about not having ours backed up. A hard copy would be great!

      Enjoy the rest of your summer. I hope it slows down for you!

      ~ Carrie

      Delete

I absolutely love reading your comments, so if you have a moment please let us know who's stopping by!