Crocs

Crocs

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Missing Piece


A couple of weeks ago I changed the header on our blog.
The original image was one from Carter's newborn session,
and I decided to update it with a picture of our family as it is now.

So I chose this one.

  
When Michael and I were newlyweds, we took a trip to Walt Disney World.
While we were there, we each bought a pair of Mickey Mouse Crocs.
(The ugliest shoes we own, but oh-so-comfortable!)

When we took Carter to Disney World for the first time,
it only seemed right that he should get a pair as well.
We bought the smallest size, and they were huge on him.
Now I can barely squeeze his chubby feet into them!

Anyway, I thought it was a cute picture,
the three of us in our matching Mickey Crocs.
But something about it just didn't seem right.

Every time I looked at it, I had this weird feeling.
Like the picture was a lie. 
It was meant to show our family as it is now,
but it really didn't.

Technically, yes, this is what our family 
LOOKS like right now:
   


But it isn't how our family FEELS.

I talked to Michael about it and he agreed
that we needed to take another picture.

So we did.

This one is better.  It feels right.  Honest.  True.

THIS is our family:


Our lives are full.
We are happy.
We are content.

But we never lose sight of what's to come.
We never forget where our journey to parenthood really began.

It started with a dream.  A dream about
a little girl born on the other side of the world.
Our journey to her has taken some twists and turns.
We've been waiting far longer than we ever imagined.
But we have never doubted that she is meant for us. 
She is the piece that will make our family whole.
Until then, we'll continue to trust in God, 
knowing that His timing is perfect.

And we'll keep doing our best to keep 
her brother's stinky feet out of her Mickey Crocs!






3 comments:

  1. I love your new picture! And I loved this post. I hope your dream comes to life very soon. I know the wait is not fun! When there is a piece missing there are days that seem to last forever. You are blessed with one true miracle in Carter and I am sure he keeps you busy and full of love during this difficult time. Hold on to hope and know that your time will come. I always read and reread Jerimiah 29:11 during our wait and the first line got me through some tough times ( our bumps in the road)
    " For I know the plans I have for you declares the LORD... "
    Enjoy your time as a family of three - your forever family of four is just around the corner.
    Thinking of you
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header! Can't wait to see the little girl destined to fill those Crocs!!

    Hugs and lots of love, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,
    Reading this gave me chills! I just love everything about it. I cannot wait for the future!

    So much love,

    Haley

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments, so if you have a moment please let us know who's stopping by!