Crocs

Crocs

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving Thanks

We celebrated our first Thanksgiving with Carter this week and it couldn't have gone much better.
We started the day watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Carter especially liked the Snoopy float!
Look, Mom!  Are you SEEING this?!
Then we headed out to have dinner with Michael's extended family.  
Carter was a good boy and enjoyed watching everyone around him.  
He's completely fascinated by people eating and drinking, so I think he'll be
more than ready when we start solids in a couple of weeks.

Here's a pic of him cuddling with his Grandma.
 He was in such a great mood all day!

After that meal, we went directly to another dinner with friends.  
Carter hadn't had a nap all afternoon, but he handled it like a champ and was a joy all evening, too.  
He was a hit at the dinner and we even had three bachelors take turns holding him and carrying him around!  
He performed his newest "party trick" which is Carter laughing hysterically as someone rips a piece of paper into little pieces.  
I'll have to post a video of it - so funny.

Michael took down all our outside fall decorations this weekend and put up the Christmas stuff.  
I realized we didn't have any pictures of Carter with his Halloween pumpkin,
so I decided to take some Thanksgiving pictures before we threw it (and the others) away.  
It's been so cold here that it hadn't even started to rot!

Our Thanksgiving boy:


 






Carter's pumpkin all lit up:


 It looked better on Halloween when the light was only visible through the "C".
Now the whole thing glowed a weird reddish color.  Maybe it WAS starting to rot...
Oh, well.  Halloween's over and so is Thanksgiving.
Now on to CHRISTMAS!
Didn't my sweet husband do a great job decorating our house this year?
This outdoor nativity was our early Christmas gift to one another.  
I've always adored the nativity story, but it holds more meaning now than ever before.
So excited for Christmas this year!
And never so thankful for anything in my life as I am for this precious boy.
Linking up and loving this week's Sunday Snapshot at Ni Hao Y'all.

5 comments:

  1. Carter looks so cute in all the pictures!
    And your house looks beautiful and ready for the season.
    Glad your first Thanksgiving was so nice.
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love u lil peanut!! Such a happy boy miss u so much! I am so thankful I'm finally an aunt! That's what I listed on top of my thankfulness this year: Elisa, josh, and Carter.. And for a sister like u who has finally gave me the most beautiful nephew!! Love you all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my he has the best smile ever!

    mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gosh - LOVE, LOVE the pictures of your sweet little guy - he looks like he is quite the ham!

    Hugs, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, Would love to share some news with you...email me at astibbetts@gmail.com if you can!
    Blessings, Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading your comments, so if you have a moment please let us know who's stopping by!