Crocs

Crocs

Monday, April 29, 2013

Notice

We received a very important Notice in the mail this week.





Our I-800A was approved!

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has reviewed all of our documents, including our home study report, and has determined that we are suitable candidates for international adoption.






Specifically, we have been approved to adopt one child from the People's Republic of China.

One child.  Our daughter.

For some reason seeing those words and the name of her birth country in writing on a document with our names attached to it gives me goosebumps. 

What was a dream for years is suddenly becoming very real.

This was the last document we needed in order to start the final steps in preparing our dossier for China.  Now we can begin the notarization, certification and sealing process on all our documents and hopefully have everything on its way to China before the birth of our son this summer.

Baby boy has been making his presence more and more known as he gets bigger and stronger.  Mike watches my giant belly twitching and bulging and rolling and says it looks like there's an alien trying to get out of me through my stomach!  It totally freaks him out and I try to explain to him how it feels and how difficult it is for me to sleep at night since baby likes to sleep all day and party every night!  He seems to think my already squished bladder is a very fun trampoline from about midnight until 5 am.  Every.  Single.  Night. 

He's been getting hiccups a lot lately, sometimes several times a day.  My whole midsection shakes like I have a major muscle twitch.  It's very distracting, but reminds me to take a moment to give him a rub and tell him how much I love him.

Looking forward to another shower this weekend to celebrate this pregnancy and the anticipation of both new additions to our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading your comments, so if you have a moment please let us know who's stopping by!